About

 

Rosemary Welcomes You

rosemary-front-pict.jpg

 

   900 Jackson Street

   Roanoke Rapids, NC 27870

   Phone: 252-537-3973

    Email: rosemaryumc@embarqmail.com

 

 Each Sunday we have TWO services: the First Service is a casual service held in the Fellowship Hall at 8:45.  The Second Service is a traditional service held at 11:00AM in the Sanctuary. Sunday School for all ages begins at 10:00AM. Nursery care is provided for both services and during Sunday School.

Our Brand:

           Follow Christ          Love Neighbors        Transform the World

Our Mission:

Nurturing disciples to follow Christ and love their neighbors in order to transform the world

Our Vision

 Rosemary United Methodist Church is a Christ-centered, loving community that:

  • Connects with God in worship
  • Nurtures spiritual growth and discipleship in children, youth, and adults
  • Invites and welcomes all of God’s people
  • Helps people in need in our city and around the world

Rosemray Methodist located at 10th and Jackson

History of Rosemary

             On September 7, 1902 the Roanoke Rapids Methodist Church  banded together 18 charter members under the leadership of the Rev. E.R. Welch.  For the first while, a meeting place was shared with the Baptist church. In 1903, a small frame church was built on the corner of 11th and Henry Streets. This church burned in 1908 and the congregation met in the Band Hall until another church was erected on the corner of 10th and Jackson Streets.  During this time, the church was under the supervision of First Methodist Church. In 1915, Rosemary, along with Smith and New Hope Methodist churches, became Rosemary Charge, independent of First Methodist. Rev. R. F. Taylor was the pastor.  This combination was retained until 1940 when Rosemary became an independent charge. The congregation grew and Sunday School classrooms were added to this building until the present building was begun in 1952. (“Rosemary United Methodist Church – A Brief History” compiled by Dwight P. Berry)